The Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa, or 250 TR, is a racing sports car built by Ferrari from 1957 to 1961. In response to regulation changes that mandated a maximum engine displacement of 3 liters for the 24 Hours of Le Mans and World Sports Car Championship races, it was introduced at the conclusion of the 1957 racing season.
The 500 TRC's excellent handling was intended to be preserved while offering clients who already race with the car a much more potent engine on a similar chassis. The motor was built around the dependable V12 from the 250 GT. Many events, including Le Mans in 1958, 1960, and 1961, were won by the car.
The 3.0L V12 used in 250 GT road and racing vehicles served as the basis for the 250 Testa Rossa engine. To improve the efficiency of this tested engine, Carlo Chiti and other Ferrari engineers made a number of changes.
The foundation was a cylinder block made in the manner of 1953, with a total displacement of 2953 cc, a 73 mm bore, and a 58.8 mm stroke. Instead of the 250 GT's normal three Weber 38 DCN carburetors, the vehicle had six.
The naturally aspirated 3 Liter 24v V12 gasoline motor in this 250 Testa Rossa propels it to 62 mph in 4.0 seconds and on to a top speed of 167 mph with 295 horsepower.
By sharing many essential parts with earlier Ferrari sports vehicles, the 250 TR was closely related to them. Numerous events were won by the vehicle, including two 1000 km Buenos Aires (1958 and 1960), three 24 Hours of Le Mans (1958, 1960, 1961), three 12 Hours of Sebring (1958, 1959, 1961), the Targa Florio in 1958, and the 4 Hours of Pescara in 1961.